This will be my last blog on a call to prayer. Well, at least it will be my last post in this series. I always reserve the right to call us to more prayer. We must pray! We must cry out to our Heavenly Father! For a moment, think about these things:
- What’s going on in our world?
- What’s going on in our nation?
- What’s going on in the church in our world?
- What’s going on in the church in our nation?
- What’s going on in your life personally?
- What’s going on with your family?
How do you/we respond to all this? PRAY!!!!
What do we pray?
- Our Father (If we know Jesus, we can cry out to our Heavenly Father. If you don’t know Jesus, would you consider following Him today so you can connect with your Heavenly Father.)
- Hallowed Be your Name (We pray to a God whose name is revered, hallowed, renowned!)
- Your Kingdom Come (Cry out and ask God to let you experience His presence and His power in whatever you face today)
- Your Will Be Done (Above all else, we pray His will to be done)
- Daily Bread (We rely only on Him for we need for today, just today. Fasting is a great way to be completely dependent on the Lord.)
- Forgiveness (We must know Jesus to experience forgiveness from God. Only Jesus can help us know the depth of our forgiveness. We confess sins to God regularly so we can experience the same cleansing and forgiveness we were given when we said YES to Jesus. We forgive others the same way God has forgiven us.
- Lead us not into temptation (We escape from temptation and run to Jesus. We bow down to Him and only Him.)
- Deliver us from evil (If He chooses, God can deliver us from evil in this life, and followers of Jesus will most definitely be delivered from evil in the next life. I can’t wait for Heaven. Come quickly Lord Jesus!)
The sermon I posted last week was the first half of my take on the Lord’s prayer. This sermon is a conclusion of my thoughts on the Lord’s Prayer. Take a listen.