On October 16th I will be addressing parents of elementary students at Grace Prep in Arlington TX. This is not restricted to Grace Prep families. Any family can attend. The event is from 7pm-8:15pm. The topics we will tackle are the issues of having online awareness as a parent, as well as looking at how God has designed us for worship.
Here is some of what we will address that evening:
- What children can be exposed to online
- The negative effects the online world can have on us
- What to do if your child has accessed inappropriate material
- Setting our children up to successfully live a life of worship
What does that worship look like?
- Seeing God for who He really is
- Understanding our purpose
- Seeing our desperate need for the cross
- Seeing ourselves as adopted by God the Father in Christ
- Learning how to worship God with every ounce of our being
Here are some of the passages on worship we will look at:
- We were created by God and for God (Col. 1:15-16)
- God is so big He is beyond our comprehension! (Isaiah 40:12-15)
- God is holy & glorious (Isaiah 6:1-5; Exodus 33:18-23)
- God is worthy of all our worship! (Deut. 6:4-9)
- We are in desperate need of the cross (Romans 3:23)
- Believers are adopted by God according to His pleasure & will (Ephesians 1:5-6)
- Christ’s love motivates & compels us to follow Him & live a life or worship. (2 Corinthians 5:14-15)
Please be in prayer for this evening, and please tell others you know about this event for elementary parents.