If you go to the About Me page on my site, you can see a pic of our new baby, Emma, as well as an updated pic of our 15 month old, Anna Kate. I am very thankful to God for new life, and I am so thankful to God for all the children He has given us. New life reminds me of two things:
- God does not just give new life physically, but he provides new life spiritually. I thank God for the new life I have in Christ and that I am not who I used to be.
- Emma’s birth is a new life in our home, and it is a reminder that God has given us our children for only a short time.
What will we do with that?
We live in a world where, more than ever, as parents God wants us to:
- Connect Relationally with our Children
- Invest Spiritually in our Children
- Appropriately Protect our Children
Recently I was able to do some training on these 3 areas, but especially on the area of “Appropriately Protect”. By God’s grace those trainings were caught on video. You may view those by clicking on the My Passion page on my site. I would encourage you to watch these, post them on facebook, or even email them to your pastor.
This may sound like shameless self promotion, but it is not. God has given me a message about how to tear this immoral idol down, and I just want that message out there.
You may ask, “why”? Again, 2 reasons:
- We need to proclaim to our parents and students that Jesus is the giver of new life, and new life in Christ can mean freedom from internet pornography addiction for those bound in this addiction. Believe me, there are more young men and women trapped there than you could even imagine!
- We need to be good stewards of the children God has given us and protect them appropriately by confronting hard issues.
May we confront these hard issues as we connect, invest and protect our children!